GIVEN THE DECLARATION OF COVID-19 PANDEMIC BY THE WHO (WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION), THE GOVERNMENT ORDERED A SERIES OF MEASURES:
Decree No. 3442/2020 “Whereby preventive actions against the risk of expansion of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic throughout the National Territory are provided”: provides that all offices from the Executive Branch must collaborate with the Ministry of Public Health and Social Welfare for the execution of the National Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response Plan.
- Resolution S.G. N ° 90/2020 “Whereby measures to mitigate the Coronavirus (COVID-19) spread are established”: provides measures of social nature, in order to avoid crowding.
- Decree N° 3456/2020 “Whereby a State of Health Emergency throughout the national territory is declared in order to control compliance with preventive actions against the Coronavirus (COVID-19) spread”: This Decree authorizes the Ministry of Public Health and Social Welfare to order general preventive isolation for sanitary reasons, for the term set by said health authority, from 8:00 p.m. to 4:00 a.m.
- Decree 3478/2020 “Whereby Decree No. 3456/2020 is extended and health measures are established within the health emergency in view of the risk of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) spread throughout the national territory”: Provides for general preventive isolation for health reasons, with force in the entire national territory, from Saturday, March 21, 2020 (00:00 hours) thru Saturday, March 28, 2020. The general preventive isolation goes now from March 29, 2020 thru April 12 2020, from 8:00 p.m. to 4:00 a.m. During the same, every individual must remain at their usual residence or the place they are at that moment. Activities linked to goods and services related to basic needs are excluded.
- Decree 3488/2020 “Whereby Decree No. 1490/14 is partially modified and penalties are established for failure to collaborate with the National Competition Commission (CONACOM) ”: Abolishes Article 4 of Decree No. 1490/, which regulates Competition Law No. 4956/2014 is regulated, and modifies Articles 77 on the duty of collaboration by individuals, and Article 79 on fines for failure to comply with the duty of collaboration, from same Decree No. 1490 / 14-.
- Decree N° 3490/2020 “Whereby Article 1 of Decree N° 3478/2020 is modified, the general preventive isolation established from March 29, 2020 thru April 12, 2020, over the health emergency declared in the national territory (COVID 19), as well as Article 2 of same Decree is extended”: Provides for general preventive isolation for health reasons, throughout the national territory, from March 29, 2020 ( 00:00 hours) until April 12, 2020, excluding the exceptions established in Article 2 of Decree No. 3478/2020, people over 60 years old, pregnant and lactating women, and people with disabilities, who must strictly comply with preventive isolation, except for those who perform medical services or those affected by essential services for the community.
And, Article 2 of Decree No. 3478/2020 is extended to include the exceptions established in said
provision; administrative personnel who will carry out payment processes for employees and
suppliers of companies and non-profit entities, on March 30 and 31 of the current year.
THE EXECUTIVE BRANCH ENACTED LAW NO. 6524/20 ON MARCH 26 2020
EMERGENCY THROUGHOUT THE TERRITORY OF THE REPUBLIC OF PARAGUAY
OVER THE PANDEMIC ANNOUNCED BY THE WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION DUE
TO COVID-19 OR CORONAVIRUS AND ADMINISTRATIVE, FISCAL AND FINANCIAL
MEASURES ARE ESTABLISHED”.